The Graduate Institute, Geneva
The Graduate Institute is a leading institution of research and higher education dedicated to the study of world affairs located in Geneva. The Centre for Trade and Economic Integration (CTEI) is the Graduate Institute’s Centre of Excellence for research on international trade. The Centre brings together the Institute’s research activities in the area of trade, investment, economic integration and globalization. The Centre provides a forum for discussion and dialogue, supporting the TradeLab International Economic Law Clinic in kind and through competitively-obtained third-party funding. The first TradeLab Clinic was initiated at the Graduate Institute by Professor Joost Pauwelyn in 2009, thereby starting off the TradeLab network of clinics and resource centres.
Call for Projects
The Call for Projects for the Academic Year 2017 - 2018 can be downloaded here.
- Corporate Models for Maximizing Benefits from Resources and Infrastructure Projects in Developing Communities
- UNFCCC Nationally Determined Contributions: Climate Change and Trade
- Understanding the Linkage between E-commerce, Domestic Internet Governance and Role of Corporations: A Trade Perspective
- WTO Rules, Export Quotas and Sustainable Development: the case of China Rare Earths
- Treatment and Monitoring of the EU and USA Emissions Trading System under the ASCM of the WTO
- Legality of Exchange Rate Undervaluation under WTO law
- The EU’s Renewable Energy Directive – Consistent with WTO Rules?
- Tax Base Erosion and Profit Shifting and Intl. Economic Law
- Standards under the NAFTA
- Should Mexico join ICSID?
- Retaliation under the WTO System: When does Nullification or Impairment Begin?
- Questions of compatibility with WTO Law of Trade Measures taken under a new climate change protocol
- Obligations undertaken by States under the International Convention for the Protection of Cultural Rights and Environment, to what extent they constitute a limitation to investor’s rights under bilateral or multilateral investment treaties and investment contracts?
- Issues and tensions in public procurement of ‘green innovation’: A cross-country study
- Legal basis and effect of denunciation under international investment agreements
- Industrial Policy and the WTO with special reference to the LDC’s Exceptions
- ‘Gold Standards’ for the International Investment Policy of the European Union after the Entry into Force of the Lisbon Treaty
- Export Taxes under WTO Agreements
- Effective Compliance in the DSU: The Mechanics of Monetary Compensation as a form of Reparation
- Drafting MFN Clause in Investment Chapter of TPP Agreement
- Designing a WTO-Consistent Customs Union: Select WTO obligations in the context of GATT Art. XXIV
- Competence Shift on FDI from the EU Member States to EU
- Canada – Certain Measures Affecting the Renewable Energy Generation Sector (DS412)
- Application of International Investment Agreements by Domestic Courts
- Addressing the rise of Trade Remedies against Environmental Goods
- RTA Choice of forum clause as a procedural defence before the WTO DSM in US – Measures Concerning the Importation, Marketing and Sale of Tuna and Tuna Products
- A Comparative Analysis of GSP: Challenges, Constraints and Opportunities for Improvement
- Regulation of Capital Flows
- Counterclaims in ISDS under International Investment Agreements
- Future of the UK in Europe